Reply to this topicStart new topic

> HUH relay's, Voltage being monitored
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
MRNSWC
post Dec 12 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,373

I have recently purchased several of these relay's, having never used them before I have attached one to a breadboard trying to fiqure out how they work. What voltage is H, Un and U in the schematic supplied with the relay's?
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
John Williams
post Dec 13 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Enlightened One

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 3

On the function diagram, Un is the supply voltage that powers the HUH. U is the voltage threshold setting from the dial on the front face. H is the hysteresis setting from the dial on the front face.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
MRNSWC
post Dec 13 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #3

I guess I need to clarify my question. Is U the voltage at terminals A2&1 or at E&M? Is H the Voltage at E&M or A1&2? Same for Un
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
John Williams
post Dec 14 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #4

Enlightened One

Un is the voltage supply at A1 & A2.

U is the measured voltage between one of the E terminals and M.

H is a percentage of the threshold setting U.

There is no voltage value assigned to the examples. The range varies depending on which terminal is selected between E1, E2, and E3.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
Quote Post
MRNSWC
post Dec 27 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #5

What does it mean when the Un and R lights are flashing on and off? Is there a function for the three switch positions between the under and overvoltage settings?
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
John Williams
post Jan 3 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #6

Enlightened One

As printed on the product data sheet, "If the switch is set to a non-conforming position, the product goes into fault mode, the output relay stays open, and the LEDs flash to signal the position
error."

General principle:
The operating mode is set by the user.
A switch is used to select under or overvoltage modes, with or without latching.
The switch position, and hence the operating mode, is read by the product on energisation.
If the switch is set to a non-conforming position, the product goes into fault mode, the output relay stays open, and the LEDs flash to signal the position
error.
If the switch position changes while the unit is operating, all the LEDs flash but the product continues to work normally with the function selected on
energisation prior to the change of position.
The LEDs return to their normal state if the switch is reset to its initial position defined before the last energisation.
The under or overvoltage threshold value is set by a graduated potentiometer as a percentage of the U scale to be monitored.
The hysteresis is set by a graduated potentiometer from 5 to 50% of the preset threshold. The hysteresis value cannot be higher than the extremes of the
measurement range.

--------------------
Quote Post
MRNSWC
post Jan 28 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(John Williams @ Jan 3 2008, 01:55 PM)
As printed on the product data sheet, "If the switch is set to a non-conforming position, the product goes into fault mode, the output relay stays open, and the LEDs flash to signal the position
error."

General principle:
The operating mode is set by the user.
A switch is used to select under or overvoltage modes, with or without latching.
The switch position, and hence the operating mode, is read by the product on energisation.
If the switch is set to a non-conforming position, the product goes into fault mode, the output relay stays open, and the LEDs flash to signal the position
error.
If the switch position changes while the unit is operating, all the LEDs flash but the product continues to work normally with the function selected on
energisation prior to the change of position.
The LEDs return to their normal state if the switch is reset to its initial position defined before the last energisation.
The under or overvoltage threshold value is set by a graduated potentiometer as a percentage of the U scale to be monitored.
The hysteresis is set by a graduated potentiometer from 5 to 50% of the preset threshold. The hysteresis value cannot be higher than the extremes of the
measurement range.

User is offlinePM
Quote Post
MRNSWC
post Jan 28 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #8

I am not sure what data sheet you are refering to but the one I received with the relay and the one on your website do not give me any of this information. It would have been very helpfull to have all this information included with the purchased relay's.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 03:30 AM