4 replies to this topic

#1 Kit Peters

Kit Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hi.....
Looking for advice. We run 70+ SPM (IMI Cornelius) slushie machines. Our newest machines are burning through gear cooling fans rather rapidly (none is over a year old).
The fans are Model 70546299 - 3.25 inch X 1inch deep, 220/240VAC - 50/60Hz - 0.09A. When I say burning out, they start making a nasty noise and then stop. We are just replacing them (should be under warranty, but warranty conditions are too difficult to comply with). Of our 30, older machines, none has ever gone. But, of the 49 newer machines, at least ten have gone, and we anticipate more.
Is it likely that we have been unlucky with a bad batch?
Has anyone else had experience of this?
Yes, we have asked the manufacturer's agent. "It's just bad luck", or "you're putting your machines where they shouldn't be, etc".
I can't find this fan on Crouzet USA's database, under the Model number quoted. Crouzet's own website is a mystery! Can't make too much sense of it at all. Certainly couldn't find the fan under the quoted model number.
Any helpful suggestions, anyone?

#2 Kit Peters

Kit Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

And another thing!!.... On this fan, the Crouzet Model 70546299 - 3.25 inch X 1inch deep, 220/240VAC - 50/60Hz - 0.09A, does anybody know how much air it shifts? If I knew that, then I could look for alternative components to replace them with. Thanks mightily!

#3 Ronnie Haiduk

Ronnie Haiduk

Magister of Minutia

• Authorized Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

Hi Kit are you sure this is a Crouzet part number? All of the catalogs I have looked in show our fan part numbers begin with a 9948xxxx.

#4 Kit Peters

Kit Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(Ronnie Haiduk @ Apr 12 2006, 12:10 AM)
Hi Kit are you sure this is a Crouzet part number? All of the catalogs I have looked in show our fan part numbers begin with a 9948xxxx.

View Post

#5 Kit Peters

Kit Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Kit Peters @ Apr 12 2006, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE(Ronnie Haiduk @ Apr 12 2006, 12:10 AM)

View Post

View Post

Hi Ronnie ......
Thanx for your response. I see that what I have quoted is the Model number ..... the fan does have a little sticker with the number 99486806 - so..... I got that wrong! However, I have done searches on Crouzet's site using this latter number, with no luck. Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong.
If you can find it in the catalogue and it gives the full spec (including how much air it shifts) that would make me happy!
Thanx again
kit p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users