Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> SSR control module, How to build one and what do I need?
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
charlesc
post Nov 2 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 731

Objective:
To build a simple function (cost effective) control device to cycle an air cylinder using a series of SSR and power supply supplied by Crouzet.

Pneumatic components in the systems consisted of:
-Pneumatice solenoid valve (single acting 2 position or double acting 3 positions) 24VDC for power
-Pneumatic cyclinder 2-1/2" bore of varies length
-Cylinder stroke positioning by solid state auto switch (3-wire PNP, operating at 28VDC) mounted onto cylinder

Two versions of the control box required:
1. Requires to cycle the cylinder in/out with cylinder stroke control by the auto switches mounted on the cylinder
2. Introduce time delay (fixed or dialed in) at each end position, and stop the cycle using a dial in preset counter.

Currently I am using a customized control box with PLC. The objective is to look for an alternate cost effective solution to perform the simple cycling function.

Looking forward for your advise.

User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Ken Trawinski
post Nov 3 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #2

Application Engineer - Millenium

Member No.: 14

Good morning Charles

I believe that the Millenium II can work in your application. Does the adjustments have to be at the cylinders? Is it possible for you to send us a diagram and a full description of your application? To view the specs on the Millenium go to
http://www.crouzet-usa.com/downloads/_millenium.shtml. The web page will have everything you need. I suggest looking at the demo software.

Thank you

KenT.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
charlesc
post Nov 7 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 731

Attached File  SSR_control.doc ( 34.5k ) Number of downloads: 744
Ken,

Thanks for your response.
I have attached an autocad dwg schematic of my application.

I tried to eliminate using PLC to control this simple cycling device.
Please advice what components required using all SSR mounted onto a DIN rail to achieve the motion that I required. I have limited experience on PLC programming.

Looking forward for your futher advice.

QUOTE(charlesc @ Nov 2 2005, 05:00 PM)
Objective:
To build a simple function (cost effective) control device to cycle an air cylinder using a series of SSR and power supply supplied by Crouzet.

Pneumatic components in the systems consisted of:
-Pneumatice solenoid valve (single acting 2 position or double acting 3 positions)  24VDC for power
-Pneumatic cyclinder 2-1/2" bore of varies length
-Cylinder stroke positioning by solid state auto switch (3-wire PNP, operating at 28VDC) mounted onto cylinder

Two versions of the control box required:
1. Requires to cycle the cylinder in/out with cylinder stroke control by the auto switches mounted on the cylinder
2. Introduce time delay (fixed or dialed in) at each end position, and stop the cycle using a dial in preset counter.

Currently I am using a customized control box with PLC. The objective is to look for an alternate cost effective solution to perform the simple cycling function.

Looking forward for your advise.

User is offlinePM
Quote Post
John Williams
post Nov 8 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Enlightened One

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 3

It would be possible to control the cylinder with a relay logic control system. This would include a couple of time delay relays. Two delay on-make relays if you only want to continuously cycle the cylinder back and forth. The relay outputs are normally rated for 80 Watts DC.

The Millenium II programmable controller is designed to replace relay logic circuits. The cost is comparable to 4 time delay relays. It does require a computer and interface cable for programming.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 07:11 AM