Reply to this topicStart new topic

> PNR-110, Probe distance
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
laura.bartalsky
post Jun 10 2004, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 380

I'm having a problem with a control panel. The PNR-110 relay is energizing when it shouldn't be. We are using the relay as a seal probe, we've done this for years with no problem. The relays tested fine when I checked them without the probes being attached to the panel. As soon as I connect the probe, the relay energizes. I've checked the probe itself to make sure that it's ok. I believe the problem is the wiring between the mixer and the panel. My question is, could the cable distance between the relay and the probe be a problem. There's about 200 ft of cable.

Thank you,
Laura
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Ken Trawinski
post Jun 10 2004, 11:16 AM
Post #2

Application Engineer - Millenium

Member No.: 14

Good morning Laura

Yes 2 things can affect the relay. 1 is the distance between the relay and the probes. It should not be any longer than 300Ft. In your application the length seems to be okay. The second thing is how well have you isolated the cables. If you have them running along regular power cables then it is possible to induce a voltage into the LLC cables giving you a false signal. Once you start going past 25 ft then the cables should probably be shielded. They really should be shielded at any length. The signal generated by the relay is 24VAc 2mA.

If you have a known good relay swap it out with the one that is having problems. If the problem follows the relay then it is the relay. If the problem stays with the position then look at the wiring. Look for shorts, frayed cables that could go from one terminal to another, etc. Also check your sensitivity settings.

If you have any other questions or problems please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you.

KenT.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
Quote Post
laura.bartalsky
post Jun 14 2004, 08:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 380

Ken,
Thanks for your help. I have a couple of more questions. Can the shielded cable be run in the same conduit or should it be in separate conduit? Also, what size cable should be used?

Thanks,
Laura
Quote Post
Ken Trawinski
post Jun 17 2004, 07:31 AM
Post #4

Application Engineer - Millenium

Member No.: 14

Good morning Laura

The shielded cable should be run in a separate from other cables and power lines. As far as what size, that is not as important as much as what resistance, but usually around 16 - 20 gauge should be fine. The PNR series puts out a 24Vac, 2mA signal. Thank you.

KenT.

--------------------
Visit our website at www.crouzet-usa.com for additional product and company information.
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 05:14 PM