2 replies to this topic

#1 tomdohrmann

tomdohrmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:54 AM

Hi Nathan,

The system I require a motor for calls for approx 300 degrees of authority and a torque rating of approx 2 Nm. I'm not entirely certain of the system's torque requirement and I am a final year student with certain time constraints so I'm tending to over-specify the torque and go for a 5 Nm motor/gearbox combo. The max speed is approx 120 RPM. The voltage is 12 V (automotive application). Considering all this, the product I was looking at is the 82867002.

I am planning on controlling this motor with a PID controller that sends a pulse width modulated signal. I'm essentially an amateur with this stuff so I was hoping that in conjunction with a feedback potentiometer (fitted to the other end of rotated shaft), I would be able to control the position AND speed of the motor??
How do these motors react to PWM control?

I am going to need to know the frequency of the motor also? Are you able to send me some more detailed technical information on this product than what is contained in the online catalog? Ideally, I'd love to see information on the accelerative performance within the first revolution of the output shaft (because the system will never rotate more than 300 degrees).

Regards

Tom Dohrmann

#2 Nathan Milinowicz

Nathan Milinowicz

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

828600 and 828400

Here is a link for the specific file for just the motor. Hopefully this is the information you needed.

#3 Ronnie Haiduk

Ronnie Haiduk

Magister of Minutia

• Authorized Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:48 PM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users