Reply to this topicStart new topic

> transition from Millenium to M II or M III
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
JohnR
post Mar 15 2012, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,837

We have a piece of equipment that was built in 2001, in has a Millenium MAS 20 RCA in it which has developed some hardware issues (controller runs, bad inputs).

The OEM is from Holland, and the original manuals that came with the machine did not include any ladder logic documentation.

Good news is, it has an EEPROM module, so in theory I should be able to install the EEPROM into another Millenium controller and get the machine running.

Bad news, it seems the Millenium is obsolete, and an extensive internet search left me without a hint of finding even a used one.

I'm really unfamiliar with the Crouzet line of PLC's, I've been working with PLC's for over 20 years, but have never come across a Crouzet.

I see the Millenium was replaced by the Millenium II, and then the Millenium III.

I've found reference to programming software for the M II & M III, but no mention of the original Millenium.

So, the question is; is there a way to get the logic out of the Millenium or it's EEPROM and transfer
it to a Millenium II or Millenium III?

regards,
JohnR
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
dogtronix
post Mar 15 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,650

QUOTE(JohnR @ Mar 15 2012, 06:33 AM)
We have a piece of equipment that was built in 2001, in has a Millenium MAS 20 RCA in it which has developed some hardware issues (controller runs, bad inputs).

The OEM is from Holland, and the original manuals that came with the machine did not include any ladder logic documentation.

Good news is, it has an EEPROM module, so in theory I should be able to install the EEPROM into another Millenium controller and get the machine running.

Bad news, it seems the Millenium is obsolete, and an extensive internet search left me without a hint of finding even a used one.

I'm really unfamiliar with the Crouzet line of PLC's, I've been working with PLC's for over 20 years, but have never come across a Crouzet.

I see the Millenium was replaced by the Millenium II, and then the Millenium III.

I've found reference to programming software for the M II & M III, but no mention of the original Millenium.

So, the question is; is there a way to get the logic out of the Millenium or it's EEPROM and transfer
it to a Millenium II or Millenium III?

regards,
JohnR

User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Mar 19 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Forum Savant

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 6,956

Hello John R.

There is no compatibility between the Millenium 1 and the Millenium 3 software so you have to basically re-write your program.

If you don't have your program available you can read it into your PC. For that you need the Millenium 1 software and the Millenium 1 programming cable (P/N 89 750 101). This cable is no longer manufactured but there are a few still available with some distributors.

As for the software, you can download it from here: www.crouzet-usa.com/millenium/Millenium_Software.zip

Best regards,
Jesus
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 05:11 AM