Reply to this topicStart new topic

> OUR1 Timer, Using for timing and one shot
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
Hawkman68
post Nov 2 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,835

I have a control panel that controls multiple pieces of equipement. Currently there are 3 remote start buttons (momentary) that activate a 480v contact set with hold. I have been asked to install an alarm bell that will ring for 3-5 seconds when the start button is pressed before the equipement will start. I have been looking at the side of this timer (OUR1) and am not understanding exactly how it would operate. Could you guide me to a more detailed explanation of the diagrams or suggest a timer that would do that for me.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Nov 7 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #2

Forum Savant

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 6,956

Hello Hawkman68.

Based on your requirement I think that you have to use function B (Single Shot). Here you can find a description of this function, among other common timing functions: Quick Tip - Timing Functions - Part 1.pdf

Your contact will have to supply line voltage to the Y1 terminal on the timer, which is the control terminal.

The only problem that I see is that this timer has an operating voltage of 24 VDC or 24 to 240 VAC. We don't have any timer that will take 480 VAC, so you will have to get a lower voltage from somewhere in your system.

Best regards,
Jesus
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:46 PM