Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Win7 (x64) USB Drivers, Where are Win7(x64) USB drivers?
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
Niglov
post Jun 16 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,398

Hi

I new here but an old hand with Milleniums.

I am wondering if anyone has found a fix yet for the Win7(x64) driver incompatibilty of programming cables.

My fix is to buy an old serial programming cable (Part No. 88 970 102 ) then get a Win7 certified USB to serial adapter to plug it in to. I don't know if this will work as I haven't tried it yet.

It's a real pain in the butt that Crouzet have still not managed to update their drivers for what is becoming a 'standard' OS on laptops!!

Nigel
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Jun 18 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Forum Savant

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 6,956

Hello Nigel.

I understand your frustration and you're right, Windows 7 64-bits comes by default on any new PC you buy nowadays.

Crouzet is currently working on the update for this driver. There is no fixed date yet but we expect to have it by the end of this year.

As for the serial cable, I really don't know if that works. I think it should. I will check with some colleagues to see if someone has tested this.

One think that does work is using the Bluetooth adapter, 88 970 104. If you have a working Bluetooth emitter with serial port service (any generic emitter) you should be able to communicate with the controller even if your PC is 64 bits.

Regards,
Jesús
Quote Post
Mogge
post Jun 30 2010, 04:28 AM
Post #3

Forum Junkie

Member No.: 511

We now use Linux, and for Millenium we installed WinXP in a virtual machine, works splendid!

(We had some sucess in Wine, but less good display, and help function broken and did not want to spend time to flgure it out)

The VM we use is VirtualBox.

Maybe the same works on Win7?

Or else upgrade to Linux wink.gif We use Mandriva for good hardware compatibility and great easy yet powerful configutation tools etc.
Quote Post
kchessell
post Aug 3 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,443

We have the serial programming cable working with several generic USB-Serial convertors, it seems as long as the convertor works with Win 7 x64 then the standard serial cable will also work.
Quote Post
mick
post Aug 12 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 863

I've just had success using a laptop with USB lead and Windows 7 Starter edition!

Make sure you have the CLS zip file unzipped and that you can find the DriverUSB folder in there. If you have CLS installed then it will be in the Program Files directory structure.

With CLS not running, plug USB lead into computer. (You don't need an M3 on the other end). You may get an error message popped up. Ignore it.

Select Start & right-click Computer to select Properties. Select Device Manager from the left-hand column. "Ports (COM & LPT)" should show "USB -> COM Driver Service (COM3)" or something similar, with a yellow warning symbol.

Right-click it and select Properties.

Click the Driver tab along the top.

Select "Update Driver..."

Select "Browse my computer..." and point the system to the DriverUSB directory.

Just let the system do its stuff. smile.gif The Device Manager should update to stop showing the yellow flagged problem.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Intec
post Nov 22 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,022

QUOTE(mick @ Aug 12 2010, 04:39 PM)
I've just had success using a laptop with USB lead and Windows 7 Starter edition!

Make sure you have the CLS zip file unzipped and that you can find the DriverUSB folder in there. If you have CLS installed then it will be in the Program Files directory structure.

With CLS not running, plug USB lead into computer. (You don't need an M3 on the other end). You may get an error message popped up. Ignore it.

Select Start & right-click Computer to select Properties. Select Device Manager from the left-hand column. "Ports (COM & LPT)" should show "USB -> COM Driver Service (COM3)" or something similar, with a yellow warning symbol.

Right-click it and select Properties.

Click the Driver tab along the top.

Select "Update Driver..."

Select "Browse my computer..." and point the system to the DriverUSB directory.

Just let the system do its stuff.  smile.gif  The Device Manager should update to stop showing the yellow flagged problem.

You must be using the 32 bit version of Windows 7 - This process won't work on Windows 7 x64 unfortunately sad.gif
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
craytonrep
post Dec 11 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,658

It is close to end of year. Do you have the update driver for windows 7 yet. I need as sone as possible. Thanks Lewis
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Dec 15 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Forum Savant

Hello Lewis.

The driver update will be ready in one or two months.

I will post it here as soon as it is available.

Best regards,
Jesus
Quote Post
craytonrep
post Feb 20 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,658

Hy there.
I just wanted to see if you all were getting close to getting the update needed for windows 7. Im sure there is a lot that goes into writing a program. Just checking and waiting for the update. Thanks Lewis
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Feb 23 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #10

Forum Savant

Hello to everyone.

The 64-bit driver for the M3 USB Programming Cable is now available for download on our main website.

Please go to: http://www.crouzet.com/english/support/downloads.htm

Refine your search. Under Language select English and under Type of document select Software. Check the option that says 64 bit USB driver.

This will be added to the right side of your page under My Selection. Click Download and then you will be able to download a ZIP file.

Inside this ZIP file you will find a file named DriverUSB.7z. To uncompress this file you have to use a freely available software called 7Zip. http://www.7-zip.org/

Once you uncompress this file you will get a folder that contains the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers and a PDF file that guides you through the installation process.

Regards,
Jesus
Quote Post
WarrenDunning
post Jul 27 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 941

QUOTE(Jesus Miranda @ Feb 23 2011, 01:27 PM)
Hello to everyone.

The 64-bit driver for the M3 USB Programming Cable is now available for download on our main website.

Refine your search. Under Language select English and under Type of document select Software. Check the option that says 64 bit USB driver.

This will be added to the right side of your page under My Selection. Click Download and then you will be able to download a ZIP file.

Inside this ZIP file you will find a file named DriverUSB.7z. To uncompress this file you have to use a freely available software called 7Ziphttp://www.7-zip.org/

Once you uncompress this file you will get a folder that contains the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers and a PDF file that guides you through the installation process.

Regards,
Jesus

User is offlinePM
Quote Post
WarrenDunning
post Jul 27 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 941

[quote=Jesus Miranda,Feb 23 2011, 01:27 PM]Hello to everyone.

Inside this ZIP file you will find a file named DriverUSB.7z. To uncompress this file you have to use a freely available software called 7Ziphttp://www.7-zip.org/

Regards,
Jesus

[/quote]

[/quote]
I can't find the file DriverUSB.7Z. Has it been moved?
Thanks,
Warren
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Jul 29 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #13

Forum Savant

Hello Warren.

The process for selecting that file changed a little bit.

Under Language you have to leave the default setting and select Software under Document Type. The first item that will show is Driver USB 64 Bits.

Anyways, I suggest that you upgrade your software to the new AC7 version. This one is ready for Windows 7 64-bits.

You can find the information here: http://www.crouzet-usa.com/techtalk/index.php?showtopic=1127

Best regards,

Jesus
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:06 AM