Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Binary Display Element?, How to best display a binary display val
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
SpeckedOut
post May 11 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,250

Hello, I am new to the M3 but have recently written a fairly comprehensive dual compressor controller application that keeps a lot of statistics to help with knowing the general health of the compressors and time for maintenance. I am really impressed by all that you can do with this controller and how easy it is to program. I did have a few concerns...

One of the biggest problems that I have had is getting a decent looking representation of binary information in the display. What I am doing now is taking a single bit and connecting that to a binary to decimal converter and using that to feed the numerical value on the text display. This results in an ugly:
"Comp A: 000001" or "Comp A: 000000" to represent if compressor A is on or off.

I can't find any documented way to represent binary values. I notice many special functions, is there a developer's toolkit where a new binary display function could be developed? Perhaps I am overlooking one that is already there?

I am thinking of a binary display element that lets me define the text for both states. Something like 1= "On", 0="Off", or Hi/Lo, Run/Stop, even Filled/"" where the latter would simply be blank or show "Filled" if true.

If I had 4 of these binary elements to place around on my display pages the result would be much more user friendly and look a lot more professional.

Any thoughts?
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Mogge
post May 27 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Forum Junkie

Member No.: 511

In one dispaly block fill the whole screen with text, both the descriptive texts and the default states like OFF etc.

Then use another block simply containing " ON" and place it on top of where the background contain OFF.

Now, to change OFF to ON, simply activate the " ON" display.

It is sometimes a nightmare to arrange which block is on top of which, but it seems they are stacked in the way they are created, from bottom to top.

Similarly, a part of the backgrond van conatain "Left: h" and have another display block write the valye on top of the spaces.

Another trick: if the value you want to display is only in between 00 and 59 then you select display type "minutes"
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Widlof
post Dec 9 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,857

A bit messy but you can use display blocks to display a single character like "0" or "1" and as Mogge said just enable the individual blocks as required.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:21 AM