• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpeckedOut

SpeckedOut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hello, I am new to the M3 but have recently written a fairly comprehensive dual compressor controller application that keeps a lot of statistics to help with knowing the general health of the compressors and time for maintenance. I am really impressed by all that you can do with this controller and how easy it is to program. I did have a few concerns...

One of the biggest problems that I have had is getting a decent looking representation of binary information in the display. What I am doing now is taking a single bit and connecting that to a binary to decimal converter and using that to feed the numerical value on the text display. This results in an ugly:
"Comp A: 000001" or "Comp A: 000000" to represent if compressor A is on or off.

I can't find any documented way to represent binary values. I notice many special functions, is there a developer's toolkit where a new binary display function could be developed? Perhaps I am overlooking one that is already there?

I am thinking of a binary display element that lets me define the text for both states. Something like 1= "On", 0="Off", or Hi/Lo, Run/Stop, even Filled/"" where the latter would simply be blank or show "Filled" if true.

If I had 4 of these binary elements to place around on my display pages the result would be much more user friendly and look a lot more professional.

Any thoughts?

#2 Mogge

Mogge

Magister of Minutia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

In one dispaly block fill the whole screen with text, both the descriptive texts and the default states like OFF etc.

Then use another block simply containing " ON" and place it on top of where the background contain OFF.

Now, to change OFF to ON, simply activate the " ON" display.

It is sometimes a nightmare to arrange which block is on top of which, but it seems they are stacked in the way they are created, from bottom to top.

Similarly, a part of the backgrond van conatain "Left: h" and have another display block write the valye on top of the spaces.

Another trick: if the value you want to display is only in between 00 and 59 then you select display type "minutes"

#3 Widlof

Widlof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

A bit messy but you can use display blocks to display a single character like "0" or "1" and as Mogge said just enable the individual blocks as required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users