Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Millenium 3, Communications Issues
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
rd2112
post Nov 3 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,346

I have a Millenium 3 XD10 controller. While connecting via bluetooth communications was dropping out to a couple conntrollers. After trying several times comm's were established. On the trird controller the comm's dropped out half-way through a download. The comm's are now hosed up to that controller. I tried a USB comm cable and still a no-go. I managed to dump the memory onto a memory cars and loaded it that way. I still can't communicate to this one controller and am sceptical about using Bluetooth to try to connect to any other controllers. What could have caused the problem?
What can I do to my half-working controller? Can I flat-line it and reload?
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Nov 4 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Forum Savant

Group: Authorized Member
Member No.: 6,956

Hi.

Let me see if I understood correctly. You were donwloading a program into a controller using the bluetooth interface, 88 970 104, and it stopped in the middle of the download. Is this correct? Did you use our bluetooth adapter (88 970 110) or did you used another adapter?

You tried the USB communication cable and still you couldn't download the program. Did your USB cable work correctly on the other controllers?

Regards
Quote Post
rd2112
post Nov 6 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Jesus Miranda @ Nov 4 2009, 07:26 PM)
Hi.

Let me see if I understood correctly. You were donwloading a program into a controller using the bluetooth interface, 88 970 104,  and it stopped in the middle of the download. Is this correct? Did you use our bluetooth adapter (88 970 110) or did you used another adapter?

You tried the USB communication cable and still you couldn't download the program. Did your USB cable work correctly on the other controllers?

Regards

I have been using a Belkin USB adapter, It has been working fine for over 2 years. The adapter has achieved many a download with no problems.

Ther USB cable works properly on the other 2 controllers but will not in the third. I managed to dump a program into the third by using the memory module. What is the difference between using the memory module versus the USB cable?
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Nov 11 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #4

Forum Savant

The USB programming cable is used for downloading the program from a PC into the controller and to monitor the controller using the M3 software workshop.

The memory cartridge is used to backup a program you have already loaded into a controller and to download this same program into another controller of the same type. You can not download a program directly from a PC into the memory cartridge.

Regards,
Jesus
Quote Post
rd2112
post Nov 20 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Jesus Miranda @ Nov 11 2009, 10:46 AM)
The USB programming cable is used for downloading the program from a PC into the controller and to monitor the controller using the M3 software workshop.

The memory cartridge is used to backup a program you have already loaded into a controller and to download this same program into another controller of the same type. You can not download a program directly from a PC into the memory cartridge.

Regards,
Jesus

There is no reference of me trying to load a program into a memory module. I am sounding irate now because I am. The tech service isn't working well over the phone and obviously not on here either. Neither reply to my entries makes sense.'

I CAN DUMP A PROGRAM FROM ONE CONTROLLER TO ANOTHER USING THE MEMORY CARTRIDGE. I cannot use the USB cable or Bluetooth to connect to a particuler controller which is sitting on my desk in hopes of someone being able to tell me it can be fixed or if I need to throw the paperweight away.
Quote Post
Jesus Miranda
post Nov 20 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Forum Savant

Hello.

You said that you managed to download a program into the first two controllers using the USB cable but you couldn't into a third, right?

When you have your USB programming cable connected into this third controller, if you click Test on the Configure the Connection window, what does it say? Does it say that the connection is ok or does it say that there is no connection?
Quote Post
Mogge
post Dec 2 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #7

Forum Junkie

Member No.: 511

QUOTE(Jesus Miranda @ Nov 21 2009, 02:02 AM)
Hello.

You said that you managed to download a program into the first two controllers using the USB cable but you couldn't into a third, right?

I partly recognise this from other USB connected devices from a different manufacturer, but not with Crouzet.

Microsoft Windows XP (at least together with Microchip MPLAB) have often a stupid behaviour of reassigning which virtual com port is used. Or assign a new port each timeprogramis started, and then all are "busy" but not working. A reboot fixes it and i can program a few more cycles, then on again... There are third party tools for Linux, but when i want to use this manufacturers own product i sometimes wonder if they really want to sell the hardware... -Same goes for Coruzet i must say...

Which leads me back to want a Linux version of this program too.
Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 02:53 PM